Third Eye Chakra
Sixth Chakra: The Ajna (Indigo) chakra is located in between the eyebrows and also deals with the pituitary glands. It is also referred to as the “third eye” chakra.
Ajna is our center of intuition and deals with balance of higher and lower self, intuition, inner guidance, consciousness and clarity.
- Is it better to make decisions based on thought or feeling? Why?
- Tell about a time that you benefitted from following your instinct.
- Explain a dream you’ve recently had and what your mind could be trying to tell you with it.
- How can you learn to think with clarity more often?
- How can you practice using your “mind’s eye?”
- What can you do to increase your intuition?
- How can you sleep better?
- What can you do to better use both sides of your brain?
- How can you learn to better control your actions?
This chakra’s element is the mind or light and its crystals are Sodalite and Lapis. Its emanating color is Indigo and its balancing color is deep Yellow. Its identity is archetypal and the lesson is about self-reflection. Rights and responsibilities are to see and to witness.
The balanced chakra energy is keen intuition, being insightful, imaginative, good memory, good dream recall, has guiding vision for life, able to watch and witness and can see the big picture.
Its challenge is illusion and its excessive chakra energy deals with trouble concentrating, headaches, intrusive memories, excessive fantasizing, nightmares, obsessions and delusions.
Its deficient chakra energy is unimaginative, insensitive, poor memory, poor vision, can’t see patterns, denial, and inflexible thinking.
Helpful yoga postures are eye exercises, gazing, close eyes, spinal twist, yoga mudras.
Other healing activities include meditating, enjoying and creating beauty, journaling, creating visual art and visual stimulation.
We all have a sense of intuition but we may not listen to it or heed its warnings. Focus on opening the sixth chakra will help you hone this ability.