Solar Plexus Chakra
Third Chakra: The Manipura (Yellow-Jeweled City) is also known as the Solar Plexus chakra and it deals with complex emotions, personal power, fear, anxiety, opinions, and introversion. It encompasses the area from the navel to the breastbone. The third chakra is our source of personal power.
- What is your ultimate goal in life?
- Tell about a time you overcame temptation
- Tell about a time you adapted to unforeseen problems
- Tell about a time you struggled to overcome an obstacle, but eventually succeeded
- How can you overcome a fear of failure?
- How does it feel to have another person decry your opinion or belief?
- Why do you think people defend their opinions so much?
- How can understanding your emotions be beneficial?
- How can you better understand your emotions?
The location of this chakra is in the Pancreas and Adrenals and its element is Fire. The crystals associated with this chakra are Citrine and Tigers Eye. The emanating color is Yellow and the balancing color is Violet and its identity is the Ego.
The lesson is Self-Definition and its rights and responsibilities associate with how to act. The balanced chakra energy consists of being self-confident, good self-esteem, taking right actions, healthy boundaries, taking responsibility, disciplined, creative and a sense of belonging.
The challenges it deals with are shame and excessive chakra energy including domineering, blaming, aggressive, flighty, hyperactive, and competitive.
Deficient chakra energy could be weak will, poor self-esteem, submissive, sluggish, fearful, and lacking energy.
Yoga postures include core lift, abdominal exercises, sun salute, warrior 1, twists, boat/cobra, restorative backbends, spinal twist, forward fold.
Other healing activities include get moving, taking risks, releasing anger/attachments, nurturing yourself, laughing, and balancing with light or dark.